Historic Townhouse 1479 First Avenue - New York NY
Listing was updated at: 08/21/2018
Property Overview
Price/Rent PSF Inquire
Asset Type Mixed use
Trade Type Sale
SQ. FT. Available 4,738
Date Available 03/01/2018
Search Demographic Data Explore financing options



 Two residential apartments
 One fully fixtured, vented restaurant
 Can be delivered vacant
 New mechanicals in residential
 Renovated in 2016
 Perfect for investment or live-plus-income property
 Annual Taxes: $63,940.00
Five story, 19th Century mixed use townhouse. The building was used solely a restaurant until about 1997 when the top three floors were converted for residen-tial use. The second floor, formerly restaurant, seating, has now been renovated into a contemporary two-bedroom apartment. The top floor triplex is fully renovated and has three bedrooms with a full floor kitchen with professional grade appliance, facing a large great-room. There is also a Jacuzzi tub, and 220 SF of outdoor deck.
Heating and cooling systems were completely replaced in 2016.
The ground floor is currently the home of the popular Spice Thai restaurant and will be delivered vacant.
Price upon Request

Property Address: 1479 First Avenue
New York, NY 10075
Property Location: At the northwest corner of 77th Street
Building SF: 4,738 SF
Blocks/ Lots: Block 1452, Lot 23
Lot Frontage / Depth: 26.2 feet of frontage along First Avenue and a depth of 39.75 feet, 66 feet wraparound.
Site Size / Shape: The site is rectangular and equals 1,040 square feet.
Air Rights: FAR in the area is 10, but total building size is limited by height restriction. Consult an architect for accurate information.
Zoning: C2-8
Taxes — 2017/2018 $63,940.00

While the date of construction is shown in city records as 1910, the address appears as that of Mrs. L Hagedorn in a book listing liquor wholesalers dating from 1875. It appears again in 1888 as the address of an architect named Jacob S. Hausman who is credited with designing several buildings on the Upper East Side. By 1895 the address is credited to Antonio Palmero who, by resolution of the city council and endorsement by his local alderman, was permitted to erect a stand for the “sale of fruit, soda-water, newspapers and periodicals within the stoopline” of the building.
For most of the late 20th Century, the building, then just 3 stories, was home to several clubs and res-taurants, including one owned by John Klett who received a liquor license for the property in the 1940s, Hurlihey’s Restaurant in the 1980s, and most recently, Spice Restaurant which presently occupies it.
The second floor of the building was seating for the various restaurants until being renovated in about 1997 when two additional floors were added to create a triplex apartment and second floor office space. In 2016 the second floor was converted to a two bedroom residential apartment and the certificate of occupancy amended to reflect that status.