|Price/Rent PSF||$ 525,000.00|
Lockwood bordered Crow “Mitsiadazi” Reservation, in the 1800s. Cows replacing the buffalo brought an end to the plains Indians way of life. Lockwood was named after Captain Lockwood, reputed as a famous Indian fighter and surveyor for the government, camped in the foothills in the late 1800s. In 1907, settlers opened a public road through Lockwood flats of heavy loam to the 2nd crossing of dry creek, to the Dry Creek Road traversing to the Reservation.
Lockwood Flats was home of the Johnson Ranch. Just to the southeast of the ranch, one can find reminisces of Cavalry camps as they stay in the area for a whole winter surveying the land for the federal government. The area known as Lockwood flats was also originally the site of a stop called Hirsch, located just between Johnson Lane and old Coulson Road. A community began to develop around it, however, the topographical name Lockwood stuck, and the name Hirsch was eventually forgotten.
Next to S Bar S Farm and Ranch Store as well as the Lockwood IGA. There is easy access and good visibility for your business. The Lockwood community has a bright future ahead from talking about a new high school to the state park. Lockwood is home to approximately 6,700 residents. Lockwood has grown to becoming the largest unincorporated community in the State of Montana, and the 16th largest population center in the state. Lockwood is also one of the fastest growing communities in Montana, with an estimated 58% increase between the 2000 and 2010 census.