Turn leaves to flame
One hasn't got time
For the waiting game.
September Song by Kurt Weill
The following is the email sent to QuantumListing's Premium Members.
September is done, and now is a great time to pause, catch my breath and reflect on the month that has past. Somehow, when September starts, I always seem to get caught by surprise by the surge in activity. My kids go back to school, the philanthropic boards that I sit on all have their kick off meetings, there's an uptick in new business at my brokerage, Perlmutter Properties, and of course, my poker league starts up again. Weekends are busy too, with time being spent at the Chappaqua Farmers Market and watching high school sports. We'll share the recent posts from the Blog first, then fill you in on the improvements to the website and what's next. Looking back at the September, I was surprised to see that with one exception, I had not really posted much on the blog other than the QuantumListing Hot Spots and Saturday with Howard Kline and CRE Radio & TV spots. After taking the summer off, we resumed our Quantum Query column in the New York Real Estate Journal. Click to read the September column, "Which Was the Story of the Summer?"
Recent Posts from the QuantumListing Blog
Saturday with Howard Kline and CRE Radio & TV
- You can now specify search criteria from the home page of QuantumListing.com
- For Enterprise users, we've now add Analytics. You can see how many views your listings, agents, and company profiles are getting.
- We've made substantial improvements in loading of the home page map and listings.
- We've made improvements in blog loading times, too.
- We've made lots of subtle changes to improve moving from page to page.
- When you go to the homepage, the map now centers on the USA, instead of showing the whole mercator projection of the world
- In a prior attempt to improve page speed, we degraded the quality of the PDF images too much. We have corrected this.
- Effective October 1, we are reducing the free trial Premium Membership from 1 year to 3 months. Premium Membership is required to post listings, follow other users, and to use the widget you'll read about in What's Next.
- We're introducing a really cool widget that will allow you to select listings to add to your company website or blog post. You can customize it to match the look of your website. This feature, along with our Enterprise Dashboard, make QuantumListing an incredible bargain for companies that use our service. And since anyone can search all of the listings that you add to QuantumListing without having to pay, we provide an incredible value to every one.
- We're adding a really nice e mail feature that allows you to send listings, individual and company profiles.
- There's the usual host of subtle changes and bug fixes that either come to our attention from users like you or that are required to fix the unintended consequences of other changes.
- We continue to try to post all new listings to social media. We've started posting to Instagram in addition to Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, but not quite as regularly to Instagram, as it is less automation friendly.
The app is still very resilient, although some of the changes we've made to the website do cause it to crash, such as tapping on the user name. Sorry! If you are having trouble with the app, then you might want to use the website from your mobile device. Depending on your screen size and shape, some of the images may be a little distorted, but other than that, it works incredibly well (although links in blog posts may not work - got to remember to tell the team about that!).
If you initially registered via the QuantumListing app and have not been able to sign in on the website, try opening the app, sign out, then sign back in. This is the unintended consequence of having the app and website designed serially rather than simultaneously. If you can't remember your password, the recover password function on the app may not work, so send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help issue you a temporary password. You can then easily change the password on the website.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to contact David Perlmutter at email@example.com
or call 914-470-5719 with any questions, comments or suggestions.